Monday, December 22, 2008

Make Just One Someone Happy

It's been a really long time since I wrote here. I felt like I didn't even remember how to log on.
Anyway… there have been a lot of things on my mind and nothing concrete really. It's probably the first time I don't have a "peg" or a central idea to why I’m writing.
At least not yet. Maybe as I continue rambling something will emerge. Actually there is something that I have been thinking about a lot... Home. Having One. Doing one up. Feeling the need to go back to a place.
What does "home" mean to people? Comfort? Security? A place where you have no obligations? Where you're free to do as you please because it's your space? A place you can turn to without feeling burdened by gratitude? A place where you're always welcome?
I guess all of the above. I've felt some of these things at some of the places but never all in one place. It's a strangely vagrant feeling. Like some part of you or maybe even all of you is not in your body but looking for contentment in a place it hasn’t found yet.
And when I do I’ll always have fresh flowers in it. I’ll go buy daisies and gerberas and carnations and roses in pinks and yellows and whites and reds and peaches everyday and have them grinning about the house.
The greatest romance of my life will be finding a home.

6 comments:

phish said...

there are too many questions that have suddenly risen in my head. qualifiers that can potentially alter the way i view my support system. or have structured it at least.

Goldbug said...

u're home aren't u? heh.

Gauri Gharpure said...

for me, home is one safe haven back 'home'. and the biggest wish is to replicate that property somewhere else, on a larger, grander scale. for us, the hunt has already begun :) but it gets quite tiresome once the legal and financial nitty-gritties take over. has stopped being so romantic a chase. period.

phish said...

ah. yes. if i can call this that. because the next time i am in calcutta, this will not be there. no.

Goldbug said...

gauri.. nice to see a new 'face' here. junk jewelry.. any such words make me want to quit. All the best with your not so romantic house hunt. since you found your garden the grass is greener is to me.

Unknown said...

I like this one