Friday, February 29, 2008

The Silver Eel
A Film Watcher’s Guide to What to Watch and What to Slip Out of.
(Because no film worth it’s salt has no tag line) (e.g. Shabd – The word)

Someone pointed out that I’ve been watching quite a few animated films recently. I caught Enchanted, saw Miyazaki’s Spirited Away (which I recommend to all), caught Paprika (which I fell asleep through) and downloaded Grave of the Fireflies (which I hear is great). Well… it’s quite by chance. I’m just re-committing to my filmy career and planning to catch everything I can. So I made a list of must watch films from recent times–

1. The lives of others
2. No country for old men
3. Killers of sheep
4. Atonement
5. Sweeny Todd – the Demon Barber of Fleet Street
6. Persepolis
7. No End in Sight
8. In the Valley of Elah
9. Waitress
10. Michael Clayton
11. Before the Devil knows you’re Dead
12. There will be Blood
13. Dan in Real Life
14. Juno

As I check off on the list I’ll develop some review system to point you guys in the right direction. After all you haven’t committed yourselves to films. (Significant background music here).

1 comment:

Anshul said...

My choice in order of preference -
Juno
Michael Clayton
No country for old men
Sweeny Todd

havent seen the others.
Enchanted was great thanks for the tip up