Friday, October 10, 2014

Girl of Small Things

Much has happened since i last wrote here. Too much, not because I am so very exciting but because it had been that long.No one reads this anymore. So this is more in the nature of a reminder to self.

Raul (the man i married). in the tradition of thi sblog i have renamed him. Wolf it means. Though he' isn't too wolf like. If you read the last few posts you will see bits of him in all i write so i shall not introduce him further.
The only reason i had to bring him up is because this post is born from an idea that he came up with.
Quite simple. That i list what i read. So that many many years down the line i can study how i much i read in which period of my life, how my tastes evolved (or didn't), etc.
This doesn't appeal to me. What does, is remembering beautiful lines and images and ideas from books i'm reading. i find that even if a book doesn't stay with you or move you, it almost always has a word or an image that is beautiful.

So i want to list my books by the disco light feeling that it gave me in my heart even if it was just a words worth :)

I'm going to begin from here on but to appease Raul, just listing the books of the last month.

1. The Thing Around Your Neck - Chimamanda Adichie
2. Sputnik Sweetheart - Murakami
3. Wonder - Palacio
4. The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Gaiman
5. The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao - Diaz
6. A history of teh world in 10 1/2 chapters - barnes

I like the image of 'wordscrapers', 'above you blazing was a sky rented from Universal', 'she grasped on the way blood seizes cotton',.

From here on i will give exact quotes and name the book and author. Hopefully that makes you pick up the book.


No comments: